International Ortho-prosthetics Trainer
Job Opening In Khartoum
International Ortho-prosthetics Trainer
Al-Neelain University (AU) is a Sudanese university established ¡n the year 1955, recognized by the Sudanese Ministry of Higher Education, located in Khartoum. Developed both horizontally and vertically, as the number of its faculties reached 22 faculties. With approximately one thousand five hundred teaching staff in various occupational ranks. More than a thousand employees and workers assist them, and the number of its students exceeds eighty thousand students, and this student is at the level of diplomas, bachelor, higher diplomas, masters, and doctorates.
Established ¡n 1946, the National Authority for Prosthetics and Orthotics (NAPO) works as an authority under Ministry of Welfare and Social Security for physical rehabilitation in the country.
In 2005, NAPO with support of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have conducted the first formal training for three years diploma called Sudanese Diploma in Prosthetics and Orthotics recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Sudan and the Council of Medical Profession was successfully launched. A second batch followed etching an important milestone ¡n the history of Prosthetics and Orthotics Training in Sudan with ISPO recognition that over the 6 years has produced 24 CAT Il P&0s which comes nowhere close to answering the needs of the PWD’s population in Sudan.
In 2015, AU, ICRC and NAPO are teamed up to establish Sudanese Programme of Prosthetics and Orthotics (SPPO) in Khartoum with an aim to address constant need of P&O professional in the country.
The international PO trainer contributes and assists in the development/ implementation of the Sudanese Program of Prosthetics & Orthotics SPPO training program Teaching may include a number of particular obligations which employees are expected to fulfill, including but not limited to: assessing student work and performance, preparing syllabi and course materials, providing copies of syllabi and/or course material to their supervisor on request, and assigning and submitting grades ¡n accordance with established SPPO schedules.
– Assesses the students to obtain & implement required clinical and technical knowledge related to Orthotics & Prosthetic, in accordance with the SPPO guidelines.
– Prepares the lessons and examinations in accordance with the SPPO guidelines.
– Participate ¡n monitoring and evaluating performance of SPPO students.
– Works in close and good collaboration with the SPPO assistant teachers.
– Mentoring & coaching of the two assistant P&Qs teachers.
– Promoting the multidisciplinary approach, MDT.
– To actively participate in ail matters related to international accreditation (ISPO).
– Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
– With the assistance of the assistant teachers, Provides practical training in the clinical and fabrication of P&O devices and in accordance with the SPPO manuals and timetable.
– Prepares and teach the assigned subjects in accordance with SPPO guidelines.
– Gives written marks to the students following the procedures in form of progress reports and Logbooks.
– Prepares, organize and participate in the practical exams for the final examination.
– Become a member of the SPPO Academic Board.
– To ensure participation in preparation for securing international accreditation of the program from ISPO.
– Any other tasks, upon request, according the development of the training Programs
Required Qualifications and Skills:
– At least Master’s Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics from an accredited institution, board Certification for Orthotics & Prosthetics.
– Minimum Three years’ of experience in teaching/ training of Po program.
– Fluent command of English, Arabic language is an advantageous.
– Good level in computer skills, including Microsoft office suite.
– Skilled in the following competencies Initiative taking Leadership, assuming responsibility.
– Accountability, People management, Teamwork& Collaboration.
Perks and Benefits:
Al-Neelain University offers the following:
– Salary: 2000 US$ per month
– Work Visa and work residence visa in Sudan
– Yearly holidays: 2 days holidays per calendar month plus (8) national holidays.
– One return ticket per year preferably for annual vacations.
– Reasonable housing and accommodation
– Local transportation in Khartoum Sudan (For work purpose)
– Health and medical insurance as per the University/ government policy
Interested candidates should submit their application, letter of interest,(including C.V, written in English and copy of academic certificates and experiences certificate ) before (Wednesday 2021/6/30 )on Website i.e.:
N/B: Personal correspondences are non- returnable.
Only short- listed candidates will contacted.